Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two-A-Days are H...A...R..D...

Following up on my promise yesterday, I am posting the results of two workouts that I did back to back last night.
The WODs are: Weighted Pullups & Tabata This.

Warmup:
  • Dutch Lowy warmup (which is awesome!)
  • Basic capoeira movements (ginga, esquiva, role)
Mobility Drills using the resistance bands I ordered from the US, and which Sam brought me (thanks, Sam!):
  • shuffle forward, pushing off back leg - 2 x 5 each leg
  • shuffle backwards, pushing off front leg - 2 x 5 each leg
  • shuffle sideways, pushing off rear leg - 2 x 5 each leg
  • hip flexors - 2 x 5 each leg
WOD 1 - Weighted pullups
  • Set up is on rings, using a weight belt and rope to lift external load
    • Round 1 - 15 kg KB
    • Round 2 - 15 kg KB
    • Round 3 - 20 kg weight plate
    • Round 4 - 15 kg KB + 20 kg weight plate
    • Round 5 - 15 kg KB + 20 kg weight plate
WOD 2 - Tabata This

Sucked.
  • Even though I had nothing left in the tank, I went mental on this one, substituting KB swings with resistance bands around the hips to accentuate (and make harder) the hip extension for the pushups.
  • I didnt count or anything, just went hard frm the word "go!"

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment