Thursday, October 22, 2009

Headline: Crazy CrossFitter Breaks Personal Record at the Night Run - Tel Aviv, October 24, 2009

So, a few weeks ago, Omry Peled threw down the gauntlet (and caused quite a serious discussion) when he committed to running a marathon using only CrossFit training.
Yesterday, I decided to run the Tel Aviv Night Run, using it as a guerilla marketing tool by wearing my newly designed t-shirt. Granted it's only a 10K, but  I have done zero running-specific training for it. And it's a good thing I made the decision, because registration ended yesterday at 16:00.
The rules of the run state that you must wear the race t-shirt. I am going to start the race with it, but I guarantee you that I won't finish with it.
I did the Tel Aviv Marathon 10K on 2K of running training and finished in about 48 minutes.That was in May, and I have since considerably stepped up my CrossFit training; my goal is now to break 45 miutes.
Wish me luck...
Ian

1 comment:

  1. http://crossfit360israel.blogspot.com/October 25, 2009 at 10:20 a.m.

    well,how was it?

    ReplyDelete